Add to Technorati Favorites
Bookmark and Share

Friday, March 21, 2008

FINALLY...

Angela Bassett, an Oscar nominee for 1993's What's Love Got to Do with It, received the 2,358th star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame Thursday. "Angela and I have worked together five times," Laurence Fishburne, the Ike to Bassett's Tina Turner in the film, said at her induction ceremony. "Each time it gets better and better." Forest Whitaker and Rick Fox, her costar in the upcoming Meet the Browns, were also among the celebs present.



"Do you ever have one of those days? I woke up and the sun wasn't really shining but then it burst through the clouds and it was glorious. Hallelujah!" Bassett, 49, exclaimed to the crowd.

Today my cup runneth over!" Bassett said. "I am crying now, I cried yesterday and the day before. ... This day is so, so special to me."

This is not only well deserved, but also LONG overdue. She is an absolute sweetheart. CONGRATS Mama! So VERY fly!

0 comments: