Add to Technorati Favorites
Bookmark and Share

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

MUSIC NEWS: THE ROUND UP

KANYE WEST is the latest name to hit the streets in a long line of guests on LIL' WAYNE'S much anticipated Tha Carter III (due out in May on Cash Money/Universal).

When asked about the album, Weezy was surprisingly humble about it.

“I hope it sells well,” Wayne said of the album. “I never boast because I know you can come out and not sell one record. I put my all into it, it’s me on a platter so if you don’t like it, then you don’t like me.”

Wayne told Billboard in February that Hurricane Chris, Corey Gunz, Tyga, Jibbs, Shanell, Kidd Kidd, Mack Maine and Lil’ Mama have recorded features for the
album. In addition, the rapper has worked with Alchemist and Cool & Dre.


NELLY'S BACK WITH BRASS KNUCKLES

Nelly is putting the finishing touches on his first album in four years, Brass Knuckles, due June 24th via Universal Records.

Rap-Up.com has exclusively reveal that the album will also feature collaborations with T.I., LL Cool J, Chuck D, Akon, and Ciara, who is featured on the Jermaine Dupri-produced “Stepped On My J’s.” The track is a tribute to Nike Air Jordans, which Nelly describes as “‘Grillz’ and ‘Air Force Ones’ on steroids.”

“I love
Jordans. I’ve been wearing Jordans since I can remember. Ciara loves Jordans and I thought it was a crazy fit. Ciara, J.D., and I are all from the Jordan era. The song is bananas! I can’t wait for people to hear it ’cause CiCi got busy,” Nelly tells Rap-Up.com.

You can check out his first single off the album "Party People" featuring Fergie in our new music section.


ESTELLE'S NO. 1 IN THE U.K. THANKS TO AN AMERICAN BOY

British singer-songwriter-producer Estelle topped the U.K. charts over the weekend with her single, “American Boy” featuring Kanye West. It’s the 28-year-old’s first top 10 hit ever.

Her new album Shine, is out April 29th in the U.S. and March 31st in the U.K.

And finally....

FABOLOUS WANTS WHAT JAY HAS...

According to reports on MTV.com, Fabolous is looking to release a new LP sometime in August and is taking a que from Jay-Z and Lupe Fiasco, preparing a concept album, adapted from a film.

“What Jay-Z did with American Gangster… he took that Frank Lucas character and put it in the frame of his Jay character,” Fab opined. “That’s what I wanna do. I don’t wanna say I that I’m actually the character, but take some of his scenarios or some things I went through and tell it in my tone.”

Yup.

0 comments: