Add to Technorati Favorites
Bookmark and Share

Wednesday, April 23, 2008



LAURENCE FISHBURNE is taking to the stage this spring in the title role of the Broadway production “Thurgood,” based on the late Supreme Court Justice and Civil Right icon, the actor is preparing to tackle one his most challenging parts to date. Ebonyjet.com recently spoke with the actor as he prepared for the role.

"With this play I portray Marshall talking about his boyhood experiences on to his appointment to the high court, so I got a chance to learn a lot more about the man then I ever knew before. For instance, I didn’t know about the role he played in Brown vs. the Board of Education. He started his journey with a goal of becoming a lawyer and ended up becoming one of the most influential men in American history. The life he led was very interesting, and I think people will find fascinating."

To read the rest of this article
CLICK HERE

SOURCE

0 comments: