Add to Technorati Favorites
Bookmark and Share

Monday, April 21, 2008


On Friday (April 18), an hour after being sprung from New York's Rikers Island, where she served eight months of her year-long sentence for probation violations, rapper Foxy Brown spoke exclusively to MTV News, calling from a white Bentley, in which a celebration was already underway. Amid whoops of joy and jubilant conversations with friends, Foxy said prison was a life-changing experience for her.

"Oh man, it feels effin' incredible!" she said, explaining that she couldn't curse because her mother was in the car with her. "I'm so excited and so happy. I'm so happy to be home. My freedom. I have a whole newfound respect for my freedom. Little things I would take for granted. I'm like, 'Oh my God, a Snickers bar, oh my God!' It's an incredible feeling. I feel really good."

Brown (born Inga Marchand) suffers from hearing loss and relied on manager Chaz Williams to repeat the questions for her, but no interpretation was needed to gauge the rapper's relief at leaving her prison cell behind. Asked where her first destination would be on Friday afternoon, Foxy said, "I really, really want to go to church first and get it right with God. It's only through His grace that I was able to survive this, and I want to get down on my knees and thank Him ... and then it's on!"

The most difficult part of being in prison, the 29-year-old MC said, was overcoming others' perceptions of who the real Inga Marchand is versus the character of Foxy Brown.

SOURCE

And now to the REAL work at hand.

Check out FOXY'S NEW TRACK
(She didn't waste any time)

0 comments: