Add to Technorati Favorites
Bookmark and Share

Friday, August 1, 2008

Jay-Z is set to work with Kanye West as well as Timbaland on sessions for his new album.

The rapper's follow-up to 2007's 'American Gangster' was previously reported to be produced solely by Timbaland, but the hip-hop star has revealed that sessions are more of a musical competition between his collaborators.

Speaking to Rolling Stone, Jay-Z said: "I'm a person that works off music. If Timbaland makes 10 great tracks then he produces the album, if Kanye West makes 10 great tracks then he produces the album; if he makes three, I'll take three. I let the music dictate the direction.

"You know I love Timbaland, he is like a brother to me, but until the music is done it's premature."

Jay-Z also reflected on his Glastonbury headline performance last month (June 29), saying: "I believe they were ready for a hip-hop act to headline, so even before I got onstage there was this rawness.

"The statement they made before I got onstage was 'Come out and if you're brilliant, you're brilliant and if you're crap, you're crap'. And I came up and I delivered on it. And as the far as the rest of Europe, I'm being very honest, I really had the best run I ever had in my life."


NME News

0 comments: