Add to Technorati Favorites
Bookmark and Share

Sunday, April 20, 2008

SOLANGE KNOWLES recently opened up to BET about her upcoming album Sol Angel and the Hadley Street Dreams, motherhood and the surprising sound she says inspired her sophomore effort.

Solo tells BET about her new Motown inspired single:

Originally, I started doing two separate sounds, and I thought it would be cool to have the 60’s 70’s music, but unlike a lot of the vintage Motown pieces that are out now just add a modern touch to it. So I would add a couple of electronic sounds here and there and that’s how it came about.

On putting together her project:

The most fun thing about putting this project together is the fact that I’ve had musical freedom. My first album I had to fight so much for my sound but with this go round, I’ve been very fearless on how I wanted to create the music and stories I wanted to tell. Sometimes I’m a little blunt and I use language that just comes to my head. So just having the freedom in saying what I want to say and how I want to say it and making good music has been so much fun.

On what to expect from her in 2008:

2008, you can expect my record. Secondly, as a writer, I’ve really grown over the past few years. I co-wrote a lot of records on my sister’s last album and on Kelly’s last album and I actually wrote Michelle’s first single, “We Break The Dawn” which is coming out real soon. I’m also writing on the Musiq Soulchild project, so I’m really growing as a writer as well as an artist. Hopefully, you will see a lot of me in 2008.

WHOA: Ya'll know "We Break The Dawn" is my ISH! That's what's up.

To read Solange's interview in its entirety
CLICK HERE

And listen to Solonge's first single "I Decided."

SOURCE

0 comments: