Add to Technorati Favorites
Bookmark and Share

Monday, April 7, 2008


Hmmm...How do I put this delicately? YAWN.

What HAPPENED Mariah?

On her last album, she worked SO hard to Emancipate herself from the same "cookie-cutter" formula that it seemed even SHE had grown bored with. But from the moment I heard the first single, the VERY '96-ish Touch My Body, I feared all her hard work was for naught.

And after listening to her latest effort, I fear that I was right. Mimi has returned.

Don't get me wrong, the album is solid. Let's face it, Mariah on her worst day can still sing laps around most artists at their absolute best. But I would've loved to see how and in what direction she'd grown from The Emancipation. Instead, I'm awaiting for the next remix, featuring Young Jeezy. Boo.

E=MC2

0 comments: