Add to Technorati Favorites
Bookmark and Share

Friday, May 16, 2008

I LOVE GROWN FOLKS: USHER MANS UP


'I was a hustler and a player before I met you / I tricked a lil somethin' I hit a lil somethin' before I met you, but all of that done changed / my game, my frame of mind you got it right and I'll love you for life.'

Usher sings on the track 'Before I Met You' on his upcoming release Here I Stand. You may remember the other day I was saying how I saw a billboard for the album and "I was a hustler & A Player, Before I met you," was on it and I loved loved loved it.

Well big ups to Janee from over at Sohh.com for the info!

Usher goes on to say:

"The story I'm telling on this album [are] based off the decisions I made; I took a stance that was against the norm," Usher said. "When you find your mate for life, you feel something. Dealing with that and manning up in that is a lot. There is a story that explains it to the tee on the album it's called 'Before I Met You' and the whole thing is about...

When I played it for men they are like this is thing self explanatory, if I play it for my chick it will immediately get my chick what she need, I won't have to say it,'" he explained.

On a personal note, finding someone that you coneect with is hard neough but then being able to step up and declare this is it, this is my one, is definately something to be respected...Congrats to them. (And ya'll stop dogging Tameka!)

0 comments: