Add to Technorati Favorites
Bookmark and Share

Monday, May 5, 2008

It was all "Superheroes: Fashion and Fantasy" at the annual Costume Institute Gala at The Metropolitan Museum of Art last night in NYC. And there were some hits (like BEYONCE who shimmered above in a predictable yet elegant and flattering mermaid style gown) and some misses...(cough) Joy Bryant! So come with me while we take on a journey of super heros and a little too much fantasy. And you KNOW we're gonna give it to you straight. It's what we do!

Very pretty. A- (We had to deduct cause she wore yet another mermaid style).


Oh KIMORA...Here's the thing, I love love love the bold colors and patterns. and I think she came close to hitting the theme, however the strapless bodice is too tight, giving her little lady lumps everywhere. It pains me to say this but B-.


Isn't ANDRE just the cutest? LOVES IT! He always makes his own unique brand of crazy, work for him. A.

I was shockingly bored with this look on JANET. The usual style maven has been struggling in her own image lately. This looks like something she'd rock to a Grammy after-party...Not the courture event of the season. C.

Ummm MARY J. what the hell is that on your head? This look was another dissappointment. She's been killin' the game lately but this ill-fitting overly voluminous frock did nothing for me. And let's not even TALK bout those bangs. Put your wig back on Mary. C.

Wait a minute...Did ZOE KRAVITZ do her hair? Put two snaps in the air for Jesus! And you know what, paired with the vintage dress and the dark smoldering eyes, this look works for me...By Zoe standards. B (With a gold star for doing your do baby girl!)


When's the last time you saw Iman make a serious misstep? Exactly. A


This makes me kinda dizzy. And for some reason everytime I look at it, I have to pee. From the greasy bangs, bare face and busy mod gown, it's just ugly. I'm sorry, it just is. F.

Now for VENUS, this is a great look. The tennis pro looks neither like a humble tranny or a model for the Whitney Houston "Rock-Star" wig collection line. B.

I try not to talk about Andre Leon Talley too much. He might come beat my ass.

Well look who it is...Jenny from the block where all new mothers stay freakin' FLY! I have no idea how she did it, cause the dress is JUST alright, the hair and make-up are really kinda typical and her man loks like skelator but somehow, someway, she made it all work and look very "old Hollywood." A.



I need Halle Berry to be on the look-out, cause PAULA PATTON is comin' for you. For real Mama Berry, you are one box office bomb and girlfriend is one short hair cut away from being the new mocha screen siren. I love the look. And Robin looks cute too. A.



Now ya'll KNOW I pretty much ignore this lil heffa. EVA LONGORIA-PARKER ain't never really interested me. I find her to be a little too attention-seeking in a needy way. But damn if girlfriend didn't come up in the spot last night and change the game! From it's rich purple hue to the billowing lettuce-edge ruffles, to the brillantly chosen pulled back hair and subdued make-up, everything about this look screams SUPERHERO & FANTASY! This is star power at it's finest! Well done Mrs. Parker, well done. BRAVA! A+

0 comments: